Puzzletober 2024: Boots

 Up to my knees in swamp water was not how I intended to spend tonight. After noticing that I couldn't actually continue south from the previous field without wading, I cut east to explore the rest of the first island. Since this third section led nowhere, I put on my boots and waded south from it to the opposite shore.

Rules:

  • Shade some squares in "swampy boots" formations: pairs of vertical dominoes at the same height but with two cells of horizontal space between them. 
  • Boots cannot be orthogonally adjacent. 
  • Numbers shouldn't be shaded and represent the amount of shaded squares around them, minesweeper-style. 
  • Only one column should have no boots.
  • The top and bottom rows are not part of the grid. They're just meant to represent the shores.

Comments